Howdy!

A collection of satirical, political, spiritual and humorous writings and ramblings on various topics, including current affairs and issues, the Great Awakening, health, toxins, prepping, bachelor life, and more. Look for commentary and stories meant for understanding, and even a good chuckle, as well as some useful tips and insights. Hermit tested and approved√

Please check or re-check the 'Seminal' video series OFTEN for updated content &/or videos...GT

Friday, September 10, 2010

Holy Crap, I'm a Writer!

You know how people say, "Hell, I oughta write a book" or "you oughta..."? Well, ideally, one would need to be a 'writer' to accomplish such a feat. Myself, I don't really read books, per se, so nobody would expect me to write one, or to become a writer. I will assume the term doesn't simply designate an ability to write--the whole idea is quite nebulous, don't you agree? Therefore, given that few people (if any) know what prerequisites or training are actually involved in becoming a writer, I'm going to 'just do it'--POOF!--I'm a writer! Whoa! I never thought it would be so easy. Amazingly, until a few minutes ago, I actually didn't know that I am indeed a writer (in fact, as I write this, I'm becoming even more convinced).  Now that we have established my credentials,  let me assure you that I plan on putting the 'bullshit' back in blogging, for sure, with a collection of ramblings and (true) bullshit any (well...) momma could be proud of.

So, what does it take to be a writer, anyways? Let's explore this issue, just to make sure my new-found [a]vocation isn't a fluke, or a figment of a deluded imagination--I'll generate a simple list here to elucidate the defining aspects of a character who writes about characters, both real and imagined, or simply blather off a whole lotta bullshit, and call it 'writing':

  • First off, one either has to have a wide range of experiences from which to draw upon, or one helluva imagination, in order to express the depths of insanity--I mean humanity--required to properly develop a character: check√
  • Next, one must have beau-coup time to 'waste' on such a frivolous undertaking. This means one is either independently wealthy, retired, or living off  'the dole' (sponging or leaching off others included): check√
  • Of course, one must have a firm grasp of ze 'english', or whatever language is involved, including correct spelling and usage, some degree of grammar and sentence structure, etc. Alternatively, one can have a good dictionary/thesaurus, and/or a ghost-writer, or just be able to 'wing it' by the 'dazzle them with BS' method: check√
  • One must have a sense of humor. Although this sense is quite ill-defined, it's a must-have. There are many kinds of humor, so take your pick: check√
  • Finally, one needs a readership; some population or collection of freaks willing to read (or buy[?]) your voluminous assortment of verbalisms. In the case of blogs like this, the target population is: whoever is out there that stumbles across it--someone will read it, and like it: check√
Ok, so there you have it; definitive proof that I am a writer--no ifs, ands, or buts. I knew it! Look Ma, I'm a WRITER!

No comments:

Post a Comment