Howdy!

A collection of satirical, political, spiritual and humorous writings and ramblings on various topics, including current affairs and issues, the Great Awakening, health, toxins, prepping, bachelor life, and more. Look for commentary and stories meant for understanding, and even a good chuckle, as well as some useful tips and insights. Hermit tested and approved√

Please check or re-check the 'Seminal' video series OFTEN for updated content &/or videos...GT

Friday, August 19, 2011

"Phony" People

The other day, I saw a humorous article somewhere on the web, with a joke that goes something like this (No, I can't remem where, and this is paraphrased/my version):

A man steps into a stall in a public restroom and goes about his 'duty'. After a bit, he was surprised to hear a person in an adjoining stall say, "hi, how are you?".To this, he retorts, " well, fine, thanks". Other person: "So, what's up?", to which he replied, "Well, I'm taking a shit, if you don't mind". Next, the odd fellow nearby asks, "can I come over?" Now annoyed and a bit apprehensive, the man replies, " No, I'm kinda busy over here, ya know?". Following this, the other person says, "Hey, I'll call you back in a minute--there's some asshole in the next stall who keeps answering my questions...".

Lawl! Yeah, that was funny enough for me to actually laugh out loud. But it's also a commentary on the 'phony' people and a seemingly addictive habit of phoning &/or texting which now pervades society. I gotta tell you, as an old-school fart, I just don't get it. It's so frackin annoying--all this phony BS!

I mean, Does one really need  to be in constant contact, like say, in the 'can'? And, does anyone really care where one is going, or doing, on a moment-by-moment basis? I think not. It may be that everyone 'tweeting', is indeed a twit, and a deluded, self-important, perhaps even narcissistic, person--to think that anybody really gives a flying rat's ass regarding what and/or who they're doing, or where it occurs. There's limits here that have been exceeded.

Somehow, there's got to be a brilliant person or group that is laughing--besides me--all the way to the bank. "Gotcha!, you stupid, gullible, and suggestible world!". Twenty years from now [ya, if I were still around], I would not be surprised to find that these addictive twits all end up with some weird kind of cancer in their brains/face/ears. I will coin it now: Telenoma! LOL!
...and that's the way it is; Friday,19 August 2011...
GT

No comments:

Post a Comment