Howdy!

A collection of satirical, political, spiritual and humorous writings and ramblings on various topics, including current affairs and issues, the Great Awakening, health, toxins, prepping, bachelor life, and more. Look for commentary and stories meant for understanding, and even a good chuckle, as well as some useful tips and insights. Hermit tested and approved√

Please check or re-check the 'Seminal' video series OFTEN for updated content &/or videos...GT

Monday, August 15, 2011

C & C for breakfast--Again? ( A breakfast primer 4 noobs)

Ya, that's not what you think; it's short for Coffee and Cigarettes, my usual thing for breakfast. Why?  First off, it's freakin' early, and my system is in need of a kick-start; I'm not usually feeling like--hungry. Next, is the convenience factor; takes--what?--two minutes--to fix a pot, and even faster/easier to reach for those smokes. Finally, it comes down to restricted choices: a bowl of sugar [they call this stuff 'cereal'] or <sigh> cooking a decent meal ( and I mean, like bacon & eggs or similar/biscuits and gravy...). In the end, it's just easier to fix a pot and reach for my lighter. Sometimes, even more lame; for example, today I had a pot of Gevalia-mix sitting in my thermos--still warm enuff to put off a reheat! Woot!

Now, there is a key factor here that one might overlook; eating is not a 'schedule' thing for me; rarely do I eat "three squares", and if I did, I'd probably weigh 250 lbs. Frankly, I just don't expend much energy sitting around here most of the tyme, and I simply don't need that much fuel. I eat when I feel the biological urge to do so [you know, 'hunger' feeling?]. Yeah, that may seem crazy to some who might think schedules and routines are really good for you, but did you ever think that maybe (just maybe) our own systems have their own timetables, that may not conform to one's expectations and/or needs to make life as banal as it can be? Try scheduling in a 'shit' at 2:30.

OK, so, what to eat, if one is actually hungry? Back in the day, when folks actually did physical labor on a daily basis, it might have been a decent idea to load up on carbs for breakfast (cereals, etc.), although this is a matter for contention. Slopping down 2-4 ounces of sugar[s] seems sub-optimal to me, regardless of the 'need fuel' idea, however. I think it has been well-established that this type of breakfast (sugar rush) burns off quickly (if one exerts), then leaves one burnt-out and crashing. Better to get in some protein, and some fats for more extensive fueling supplies. Frankly, the 'cereal' idea was dreamed up to help dispose of our grand surplus of grains so many years ago, thanks to government subsidies and the ag-complex. Get over it; Pass the bacon, man. Top it off with a couple eggs and maybe some refried beans sizzled in the bacon fat--¡Yeeah, baby!

Yes, proteins are probably optimal, and fats are acceptable--down with carbs, in general. Forget the toast, unless you're making a bacon sandwich for on-the-run. Also, don't be fooled by the so-called 'healthy' whole-grain crapola. It's still just a buncha carbs likely to top the glycemic index 'Hall-of-fame'. [Sometimes I just eat a bacon on [buttered] toast sammich (yuumm!)]  Hmmm...I wonder what those [crazy] vegans would eat? Tofu steamed to perfection, with a smattering of freakin vegetable bullshit? who knows, and who cares?

Daym! Now I've gone and made myself hungry, bloggin this; now I guess I'll break down and cook up some bacon & eggs (B&E) to top off my C&C...
GT


No comments:

Post a Comment